On the premises of the Hand in Hand Community, attractive overnight accommodation has been set up. Staying in one of these houses is a unique opportunity to experience the warm family atmosphere of the Community. You can also relax here, read a book or play with the children in the pool or at the playground.
A nice view over some of our wonderfully
The Hand in Hand Community (locally called the 'PCC", good to know if you ask directions in town!) is situated not far from the town centre of Nkoranza, behind the Hospital and has been constructed as a small village. The guesthouses are situated around the centrally located playground. Most guesthouses are simple, some are a bit more luxury. Each hut has a bed (single, double or king size), a mosquito net, some furniture, a fan and a bathroom plus toilet attached. Towels, sheets, a candle, matches, soap and toilet paper are included.
| The swimming pool offers a beautiful view over the guesthouses and surroundings.
On the site, there is also a simple restaurant. You can tell the hostess Charity or her right-hand Josephine if you desire to order meals. They also run a small shop where you can buy some articles like soap or wine and especially also beaded jewellery plus woven pieces of cloth, made in the sheltered workshop. All income goes to the Hand in Hand Community. Charity and Josephine can assist you also in arranging transport to tourist attractions in the surrounding area, including the monkey sanctuary Boabeng-Fiema and the waterfalls of Kintampo.
Prices per 1 nov 2013, in new Ghana Cedi’s
- VIP 1: Guesthouse, recently renovated, with two large bedrooms, each room with its own inside shower and toilet. Adjacent is a spacious room, with a fridge, water cooker and a dining table. Room A has two single beds plus writing table and chair, room B has one large two person bed plus writing table and chair. With a private little lawn, in the front is a beautiful rock formation with a gorgeous view and a summer hut to rest and read. Price: GHC 80,00 per night.
- Greenhouse 2: A guesthouse, hidden between the green leaves, situated close to the main rock and the central playground of PCC. This house has two not identical rooms, but each with a single bed, plus a combined place for shower and toilet. Prices: for room A (more spacey) GHC 25,00 and for room B: GHC 20,00.
- 3 and 4: Two houses under one roof, each with a separate square room. House nr. 3 has a two persons bed, house nr. 4 a single bed. Each house has an open adjacent bathing place with a toilet. Price GHC 30,00 per house per night. NB: hous 4 have long-term occupation and is
- VIP 5: A 3 person guesthouse, with one big spacious, sleeping and living area. There is a lounge suit, writing table and two large beds with two mattresses and one single bed. VIP 5 also has a private inner courtyard, an attached kitchen with fridge and water heater. Open air shower and toilet facilities. Gorgeous little house! Price: GHC 65,00
- 6,7 and 8: Three recently renovated large and spacious round huts, each with a large comfortable two persons bed with two mattresses, a dressing table and chair. Each house has its own private and sheltered toilet plus a shower. Price per house per night: GHC 50,00
- 9 en 10: Two bigger round huts with tile floor and private terrace, with a large comfortable two persons bed with two mattresses, a dressing table and some relax chairs. Each house has its own private toilet and shower. Price per house: GHC 45,00
- VIP 11 and 12: Two new, luxury and modern guesthouses under one roof, with a nice terrace. House 11 has two single beds and house 12 has two king-size beds. Each house has an inside shower plus toilet, plus two comfortable chairs, a big cupboard and a writing table. Price per house: GHC 70,00
- 13: The ‘Hermitage’ or Rock-house. A romantic house hidden near and situated on a magnificent rock-formation, with a two persons bed, two relax chairs and a writing table. Besides that it has its own shower and toilet. This house is a surprise! It has its own balcony looking over awesome nature. Price C.50,00
- 14: Father Peter’s house: a guesthouse, situated in the centre of the Community with two single rooms, shower and toilet. Cosy, but a bit less privately situated than the other guesthouses. Price: GHC 30,00 (or GHC 15 per room).
If you would like to come and stay, we recommend you inquire about the availability. Especially during weekends and during the months of July, August and December we are often heavily booked. If you want to make a reservation well in advance, then you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a visit on a short notice you best call straight to Hostess or, (if not present), to Mr. Baffo:
|Hostess PCC - Hand in Hand
||Mr. Samuel Baffo
|(00-233) –(0)24 273 1095
||(00-233) (0)24 453 3343
But even in the case of a visit without reserving in advance, we can accommodate you most of the time nicely. In case there would be too many visitors at one time, we have even made special arrangements with a hotel in town + a taxi connection to PCC, for a temporary solution.